Thursday, February 16, 2012

Trust

Dear Sabrina Banana,

Last week, you were sick. I wrote you a letter during that time: Sick Baby. I told you about how I tried to teach you about the need to trust me and to believe that I will not lie to you and that I will do my best to take care of you.

Imagine how terrible I felt last Tuesday when I was 10 minutes late in picking you up!! Here I am asking you to trust me, yet I wasn't so dependable. =( As soon as you got inside the car you immediately said "Mommy you weren't there when I went out".  I apologize and told you about what caused the delay. You looked at me proudly and said "I just waited in the classroom and I didn't cry".

You see, in the past, you used to cry at the slightest delay of your fetcher. I asked you why you didn't cry and you said "Because I'm sure you will pick me up, like you said." WOW. On one hand, my guilty feelings resurfaced but at the same time I'm so happy that you now understand that Daddy and I can generally be trusted (albeit, 10 minutes late in this case). When you said this, I pulled over and hugged you....and I silently thanked God for guiding daddy and I in raising you to be as wonderful as you are now.

Love you,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment