Monday, February 20, 2012

Lessons from You

Dear Sabrina Banana,

I have been feeling so tired and sick these past couple of days that this Sunday, I let the exhaustion get to me. I was irritable and grumpy. I was generally unpleasant to be with.

I could tell that you knew something was wrong with me. You took on the role of peacemaker and you generally tried to make sure I wasn't even more irritated. I'm amazed at your sensitivity and I'm sorry for causing you any distress.

At night, I felt a bit better. I went to your bed and apologized. Our conversation went like this:
Mom: Banani, I'm sorry for being grumpy today. I shouldn't be grumpy. I'll try to be better tomorrow.
Sabrina: Why were you grumpy?
Mom: I was feeling sick and it made me grumpy.
Sabrina: If something hurts you can just feel sad, you don't have to be grumpy.
Mom: You're right. I'll do better next time.

OUCH. You definitely schooled me! You are right of course. I shouldn't have been grumpy. Being sick is no excuse. I mean what I said, I'll do better next time.

Love you,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment