Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Simple Joys

Dear Sabrina Banana,

Daddy and I don't have much, but I never feel like we're short changing you. I don't think you have any less fun in your life because we don't buy you your own iPod, or computer, or wii, on the contrary I feel like your life is better because you don't have these things.

It always makes me happy to see you take delight in such little things. Last Christmas you asked for a few things, these are 1. Books, 2. Flashlight, 3. Broom. You got the books and the flashlight and you were as happy as a bug in a rug.

Last week, while we were buying you a pretzel, the saleslady handed the pretzel to me inside a brown paper bag. I asked for another paper bag and kept that in my purse. When we got home I told you we're going to be making our own puppet. Boy were you excited.

We're not artists so this is what we came up with:

Looking at her makes me giggle. She looks funny doesn't she? You decided to call her Gray and as of today we have decided to let her grow her hair AND to make clothes for her. You love her so much you look for her first thing in the morning.

I hope you remember, that you can make yourself happy. You don't need to rely on computers and other things to have fun.

Love,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment